Staff / Job Cost Accountant
We are searching for a Staff / Job Cost Accountant for our East Hartford office. This person will be willing to learn and continue to grow and contribute to the Accounting department on a daily basis.
Elite Construction Rentals is a growing $12 million dollar company that provides customers with the convenience and reliability of “one-stop-shopping” for all equipment, tools, supplies and general trade services for any construction project. Elite Construction Rentals stands out in a very competitive field because of our proven track record of doing what we promise in a timely fashion and with great results.
Our team is made up of carpenters, trade specialists, laborers, estimators, sales executives, mechanics, drivers, project managers, administrators and others who are dedicated to following our core values:
- Perseverance — Dedicated to fulfill customer needs by overcoming any challenges
- Leadership — By setting examples for others to follow, we lead with vision, accountability, coaching and mentoring
- Integrity — We stand by our work and our word. This is a result of taking time to hire the best people available for each position — and offering attractive employee packages.
This is a result of taking time to hire the best people available for each position — and offering attractive employee packages.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· Open and separate mail
· Code and enter General Trade Invoices
· General Trade Reconciliation between internal system
· Prepare Work In Progress Schedules
· Cut checks
· Create and enter AIA invoices
· Create and enter Labor invoices
· Create Pencil requisitions
· Daily GL entries
· Other duties assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant office/accounting work experience
- Experience in Construction field a plus
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Texada and Viewpoint experience is a plus
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance / Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- A great work environment
- Equal opportunity and room for career growth and advancement
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years